Health is wealth, to secure you and your future from Zika Virus
• One person out of 5 is infected with Zika virus become ill (i.e, develop Zika)
• Zika’s most common symptoms are fever, rash, joint pain, or conjunctivitis (red eyes).and additional muscle pain and headache. The incubation period (the time from exposure to symptoms) virus can not recognized but it just for few days in week.
• The sickness is habitually placid with symptoms fixed for some days in week
• People more often don’t get sick that to go to the hospital and they hardly ever die
• Zika virus usually remains in the blood of an infected person for about a week but it can be found longer in some people
• Zika viruses are similar to dengue and chikungunya and this disease extend from same mosquitoes that transfer Zika
• To consult with your doctor if you feel these symptoms after visited where Zika is found
• More over if you visited recently you should inform your doctor when and where you travelled
• Then your doctor will suggest you for blood test to verify Zika’s virus just like to other viruses dengue or chikungunya
Neither the vaccine nor medicine is available for this virus
o Take maximum rest
o Drink liquids to prevent dehydration
o Prescribe medicine such as acetaminophen (Tylenol®) for relief fever and pain.
o To strictly avoid aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
o If you have already having medicine for other medical condition, consult with your healthcare , before taking any extra medication.
• If Zika diagnose , prevent mosquito bites for the first week of your sickness.
o In the first week of infection, Zika virus can be establish in the blood and transfer from infected person to a mosquito when mosquito bites.
o And infected mosquito can extend the virus to other people.
If you frequent travel to that countries where Zika virus found, Precautions are here
• Dress up with long-sleeved shirts and pants.
• Try to stay in cool places with air conditioning
• Prevent yourself with Net when you sleep.
• Use that insect repellent which is approved by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered specially for safety of pregnant and breast feeding women
o Before use follow the label instructions of every product
o If you repeat repellent read direction available on product.
o Avoid spray repellent on skin especially under clothing.
• For baby or child:
o The insect repellent do not utilize on babies younger than 2 months of age.
o The child should be covered with clothing arms and legs,
o Baby carrier crib, stroller should be covered with mosquito net.
o Do not apply insect repellent on your child hands mouth eyes and infected areas..
• Purchase only permethrin treated items when Ziks diagnosed .
o permethrin clothing remains protective after multiple washings.
o The items are being treated by yourself, follow the instructions carefully.
o Do NOT apply permethrin products straight on skin. They are only for treat clothing
So Beware Time to get secure your precious health insurance for healthier life